Plenary meeting Italy 2016 - information page
- Published: Wednesday, 10 February 2016 15:48
- Written by Erik van den Elsen
This is the information page for the CASCADE project plenary meeting 2016
The meeting will be held from Tuesday May 24th until Friday, May 28th2016.
The location of the meeting will be Ispra (VA), Italy at the premises of JRC.
The venue of the meeting is the European Commission Joint Research Centre, Via Enrico Fermi 2749 21027 Ispra (VA).
Research on nuclear safeguards is taking place at JRC Ispra and entrance procedures are particularly strict. A JRC/CCR taxi or bus will come and pick you up in the morning (usually 08:30h) of the first day of the meeting outside the entrance of your hotel.
When you arrive at the main entrance of JRC, the taxi or bus will have to let you out so that you can go to the reception (in the right wing of the building) to get registered and receive your special entrance permit. You must present the same ID document - ID card or passport – that you entered in the JRC Events Registration System. Reception will keep your ID card/passport until you leave when you will also have to give back the special entrance permit.
This procedure will be repeated every morning and afternoon during the meeting. In the morning of the first day of the meeting, a JRC representative will come to the main entrance/reception to welcome you and show you the way to the building where the meeting will take place.
The provisional booking has been made in hotel Dei Tigli for 27 people.
- Hotel dei Tigli – Angera VA
- Price : €85 - €95 Euro Per Person Per Night
- Breakfast is included in the room rate, there are several restaurants and pizzeria in the area.
- The distance to JRC offices is ~10 km (Route) A daily bus will pick up all participants from their hotel.
The lunch will be served at two self-service restaurants at the venue of the meeting (5 minutes walk). A wide range of different dishes are available for participants, including vegetarian options (Price List ).
- International travel options
The closest airport is Milano Malpensa Airport (MXP) and it’s the most convenient airport to arrive to Ispra. JRC will organise free group/individual transports from/to Airport/Hotel(s).
7. Local Money
- The local currency is Euro
- There are bank branches are available in the area.
- There are ATMs available in the venue.
- The hotel accommodation can be paid in cash, by debit card (Maestro) or credit cards (Visa or MasterCard)
8. Local Weather
The local weather can be checked through the several online sources.
- An excursion will be organised to Belvedere Glacier (Italian: Ghiacciaio del Belvedere) on the 3rd day of the meeting.
- The transport will be provided by JRC
- The lunch will be served in a local restaurant at own cost.
- A short walk (1-1.5 km) along the trail is needed to reach the Glacier.
- Please wear comfortable clothing and walking shoes and bring water, sun protection and a hat to prevent burning at the high altitude.
10. Meeting costs
NO registration fee will need to be paid for the meeting.
JRC will provide;
- Meeting room(s)
- Transports (from/to airport/hotel and from/to meeting venue/hotel(s)) including the excursion.
- Coffee Breaks (morning, afternoon)
The following costs will be at participants' own expense
- Accommodation (€85 - €95 per night per person)
- Lunches at Mensa ( Self-service, €3 - €7 Euro per person)
- Dinners/Social Dinner (€15 - €30 Euro per person)
- Lunch at the excursion site (in a local restaurant)