Plenary meeting Spain, Alicante 2013
- Published: Thursday, 31 January 2013 12:16
- Written by Erik van den Elsen
The upcoming plenary project meeting will be held in Alicante, Spain from March 18-22, 2013. This page gives details about this meeting.
- Project partners are able to register on the registration page .
- The detailed final meeting program can be downloaded HERE .
- The Travel Info sheet can be downloaded HERE .
The meeting will be held from monday, March 18th to friday, March 22nd.
Reservations have been made at the Eurostar Lucentum hotel, Av. Alfonso X el Sabio 11, Alicante.
- Single use of a double room: € 60,- per night.
- Double use of a double room: € 68,- per night.
The hotel room will be booked for you when you register at the meeting registration page. On the registration page, indicate whether you want a the single use of a double room, or if you want to use a double room with two persons.
(click on the image for the Google maps hotel location)
Lunches, Dinners and meeting Costs
All meeting costs (like coffee, lunches, excursion transport, etc. - except hotel costs) will be charged in a single invoice that needs to be paid during the meeting. A paper invoice will be issued. Details will be provided as soon as possible.
Meeting program and visit to the Valencia and Alicante field sites
There will be regional holidays on monday 18 and tuesday 19 March (and therefore the meeting facilities are not available). This is why visits to the Valencia experimental sites are planned on monday and tuesday. The in-office meetings will be held on wednesday-thursday-friday.
In short the meeting program looks as follows:
|Monday||Visit to the Albatera and Santomera field sites|
|Tuesday||Visit to the Mariola-Ayora fiels site|
|Wednesday||Project meeting & scientific presentations|
|Thursday||Visit to WP4 experiments (morning)
Scientific presentations & WP7 training (afternoon)
The detailed finalmeeting program can be downloaded HERE.
You are kindly requested to arrange your airport transport yourself. The following transport options from airport to hotel are available:
- Taxi: take a taxi outside the airport arrival hall. Costs: about € 30,-
- Shuttle bus: take line C6 which departs every 20 mins and costs € 2,50. It stops in front of the hotel.
Currency is Euro, money machines are widely available and take various bank cards. Paying with credit card is common.
Alicante City Info
You can find general Alicante city information at the official Alicante website.